[R-sig-Geo] Software (R, free matlab toolboxes etc etc...)

Koen Hufkens koen.hufkens at telenet.be
Wed Nov 16 13:30:26 CET 2005

Hi list(s),

I'm looking for (free) geostatistical software that works with images
and not as much on point data.

I've been playing around with multiresolution wavelet decompositions and
I want to collect some statistical information of these images
(semivariance analysis, autocorrelation, Moran's I index, etc etc...).
For the time being I used R, the wavethresh package and the spdep
package. This latter was not optimal because the neighbour list
constructed by spdep becomes a little to much for my limited computer
system. So an additional R package would be great, but not necessary.
Other (free) alternatives would be great.

So what  packages toolboxes etc. are not point based, and can handle
images? Any idea's, suggestions?

Best regards,
Koen

ps. excuses for double posting if you are a member of both lists, I try
to cover as much ground as possible in one e-mail.