[R-sig-Geo] problem running example(gwr) in package spgwr_0.2-7 (Windows binary)

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri May 27 19:47:22 CEST 2005

On Fri, 27 May 2005, Ken Pawliw wrote:

> I am encountering errors when attempting to run the example(gwr) in the
> spgwr package. The first 4 commands run correctly, however I receive an
> error trying to execute the 5th command.
>
> gwr> data(columbus)
>
> gwr> col.lm <- lm(crime ~ income + housing, data = columbus)
>
> gwr> summary(col.lm)
>
> gwr> col.bw <- gwr.sel(crime ~ income + housing, data = columbus,
>     coords = cbind(columbus$x, columbus$y))
>
> gwr> col.gauss <- gwr(crime ~ income + housing, data = columbus,
>     coords = cbind(columbus$x, columbus$y), bandwidth = col.bw,
>     hatmatrix = TRUE)
> Error in gridded(fit.points) : No direct or inherited method for function
> "gridded" for this call
>
> I'm running the following configuration on Windows XP.
> Windows R 2.0.1
> Windows Binary sp_0.7-0.zip
> Windows Binary spgwr_0.2-7.zip

This information is just what is needed.

All of these are now superceded, and what is happening here is that the
(older) spgwr "view" of the sp classes no longer fits reality. This is a
bit of a problem if you need to keep R 2.0.1, rather than upgrading to R
2.1.0. If you upgrade, you can install the current sp package from CRAN,
and the Windows binary (spgwr_0.3-1) with the commands given on the
R-spatial homepage:

rSpatial <- "http://r-spatial.sourceforge.net/R"
install.packages("spgwr", repos=rSpatial)

But that is presupposing you are prepared to upgrade R itself. If not,
then that functionality is not available. Please let the list know how you
get on, sp is developing nicely, but there is plenty of opportunity to
contribute ideas and reports.

Roger