Subject: RE: [R-sig-Geo] maptools package rejects some polygon shapefiles?

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Thu May 12 18:32:15 CEST 2005

Hi,
No I actually meant to have a slot, or place for the 3rd dimension. and
for plotting methods treat it like an attribute. I was trying to think
of situations where
3d lines or polygons would be useful, admittedly I am a little stumpped,
but I am sure
there must be something other than pretty flythroughs :) Maybe a polygon
view of a surface
where thew polygon heights are interpolated from binned data to the
vertices of the polygon?

Nicholas