[R-sig-Geo] Problem with BCtransform?

Ruben Roa RRoa at fisheries.gov.fk
Tue May 3 20:32:50 CEST 2005

Because the kriging predictions are close to the actual values of
the raw data, and these kriged predictions have been computed by back-
transforming using the estimated lambda in the Box-Cox distribution,
i must conclude that the problem of the difference between the back-
transform of beta and the mean of the kriged predictions lies in the
value of beta itself. Why is beta substantially lower in my two
applications in relation to the value that it should be if its back
transform were to be close to the mean of the raw data and to the mean
of the kriged predictions?
R.