[R-sig-Geo] Limiting problems in geoR

Anders Malmberg andersm at maths.lth.se
Mon Mar 7 16:08:32 CET 2005

Hi,

Thanks for the answer on my previous question. However, it leads me to new
problems.

I am struggling to bound the relative tausq parameter to not be too high
in my
estimations. I do not want it to be above a certain limit that would
violate the
model; it yields surfaces that are too ruff. First I want estimates from
variofit,
but this does not seem to work. Shouldn't this give a tausq^2/sigmasq^2
in (0,0.05)?

library("geoR")
data(s100)
vario100 <- variog(s100, max.dist=1)
ini.vals <- c(1,0.5)
limits <- pars.limits(phi=c(0,2),nugget.rel=c(0,0.05))
ols <- variofit(vario100, ini=ini.vals, fix.nug=FALSE,
                limits=limits,wei="equal")
ols$nugget/ols$cov.pars[1]

Thanks in advance,

Anders Malmberg