[R-sig-Geo] Distances in geoR package

Edzer J Pebesma e.pebesma at geog.uu.nl
Thu Jun 16 17:29:33 CEST 2005

You can do coordinate transformations using spproj, which relies
upon the PROJ.4 libraries; spproj is available as part of the
sp suite of packages, on http://r-spatial.sourceforge.net

Packages fields has some provisions for calculating great circle
distances, and interpolation using lat/lon. I don't know if it does
variogram calculation right with lat/lon data. Doug/Eric?
--
Edzer