[R-sig-Geo] Distances in geoR package

Ruben Roa RRoa at fisheries.gov.fk
Thu Jun 16 14:30:37 CEST 2005

I don't think you could do coordinate transformation in geostatistical packages.
Ernesto Jardim (on a message sent to this list the 9th of June) mentioned a package
called spproj but today i could not find it in CRAN/bin/windows/contrib/2.0,2.1,2.2.
For coordinate transformation i use GeoConv. It is free and its author,
Eino Uikkanen, will be very glad to help you (me too). It works in batch mode
so you can send all your 30 data files and get the output in a few seconds.
http://www.kolumbus.fi/eino.uikkanen/geoconvgb/
If all your data are all in the same UTM zone, then GeoConv will automatically identify
that zone.
Ruben