[R-sig-Geo] spatial weight matrix

drg999 at ksu.edu drg999 at ksu.edu
Mon Jul 4 17:02:56 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am new to spatial R packages. I was going through the command of
Moran's I, Geary's C etc... in the manual page of spdep package. It
seems like I got stuck in the very beginning.

I did not understand how to develop the spatial weight matrix. For
example if I have county-wise data, how would  I form a spatial weight
matrix from that. What kind of data is required? Does an user need to
furnish the neighbor list or is their any function in R that does it?

Thanks foe help.
Debarchana.