[R-sig-Geo] Editing Shapefiles

Susumu Tanimura stanimura-ngs at umin.ac.jp
Tue Dec 13 16:39:08 CET 2005

Dear Nicholas and members

Since those examples in wiki are not my works, it is better to ask the
author, Dr. Ono, who is one of members in this mailing list.

However, cartograms are annoyed issue as mentioned in my talk
"thematic cartography with R" at the first Japanese R user conference
on Dec. 10th. I am also waiting someone develop a continuous cartogram
and a circle one.

By the way, Dr. Simon Urbanek (AT&T Research Labs, the author of JGR,
a member of the R core development team) was invited to the
conference.  His talk about JGR and iPlots was so preeminent. iPlots
may provide us interactive zoom and pan for maps in R.

--
Susumu Tanimura