[R-sig-Geo] Fitting nested variograms to empirical variograms

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr paulojus at est.ufpr.br
Thu Oct 14 20:56:49 CEST 2004

Dear Elliot

I entirely agree with Ole's comments and would just add the following:

- with geoR the only thing you can do is to overimpose to an epirical
variogram a theoretical nested variogram using lines.variomodel()
which internally calls cov.spatial()

- cov.spatial() is able to compute values of nested variogram, so you
could use it as ingredient for other computation
bearing in mind whether this is really useful and whether these things
are really estimable

best
P.J.

Paulo Justiniano Ribeiro Jr
Departamento de Estatística
Universidade Federal do Paraná
Caixa Postal 19.081
CEP 81.531-990
Curitiba, PR  -  Brasil
Tel: (+55) 41 361 3573
Fax: (+55) 41 361 3141
e-mail: paulojus at est.ufpr.br
http://www.est.ufpr.br/~paulojus

 /"\
 \ /  Campanha da fita ASCII - contra mail html
  X   ASCII ribbon campaign - against html mail
 / \