[R-sig-Geo] ANOVA with correlated errors

Jose A. Hernandez jahernan at umn.edu
Thu May 13 18:23:46 CEST 2004

Dear R colleagues,

My name is Jose Hernandez and work in the analysis of on-farm experiments.

I've been a R user for sometime now, however am still struggling figuring
out some of my spatial analysis using R.

Most of my experiments have the following model:

Y_ij = Mu + r_i + T_j + e_ij

Where:
r_i is some replication and T_j some fixed treatment effect.

I many cases there is significant within block heterogeneity and therefore
I can't assume that e_ij are iid.

An alternative is to use:

Y_ij = Mu + T_j + e_ij

And assume that:

e_ij follows some spatial covariance model such as exponential, spherical, etc.

Are there any R packages that will integrate spatial variability into the
model ?

Thanks and advance and best regards !

Jose

--