[R-sig-Geo] Re: SpatialCls

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sun Jan 11 18:42:44 CET 2004

Dear Edzer,

Happy New Year!

I'm just muddling, but would it be OK to try to put my proj4R CRS class in
SpatialCls for proj4string? This may mean setting proj4string as NA until
the CRS has been set, and as.projected as NULL until proj4string is
identified as latlong or !latlong? How should we handle this with regard
to commiting to sourceforge, is this a situation where I need to do this
locally, and send you a tarball to avoid introducing changes you'd prefer
not to have?

A little question - does coordinates() preserve sdf row names as a way of
keeping point IDs stuck to both objects?

I'm a bit worried about holes too in the polygon setting, the original
compiled code in maptools for finding ring direction seems buggy, and ring
direction seems to be a typical way of flagging holes as against
boundaries for fill.

Best wishes,

Roger

e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no