[R-sig-Geo] LM tests

Jill Caviglia-Harris JLCAVIGLIA-HARRIS at salisbury.edu
Fri Feb 27 19:47:10 CET 2004

List members:

I have been using the function lm.LMtests developed using the spdep
package to test for spatial lag and error.  My problem is that these
tests assume that the weights matrix is row standardized, while I have a
weights matrix that is set up as the inverse distance between neighbors.
  Converting it into a row standardized matrix would result in the loss
of important information.  Have there been any functions developed that
any of you know about that are not dependent upon this assumption?
Thanks.  -Jill

Jill L. Caviglia-Harris, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Economics and Finance Department