[R-sig-Geo] conditional autoregressive models

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Oct 30 14:03:41 CET 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, giovanna jona lasinio wrote:

> Does anyone know how to estimate via ML a conditional autoregressive model
> (CAR as in Cressie 1993) using R?

Not yet. As Brian Ripley pointed out in R News in 2001, where
functionality has been available in S-PLUS SpatialStats, there has been
less incentive to write R code. My guess would be that if one used
errorsarlm() in spdep as a template (with the functions being optimised)
then it wouldn't be too difficult to do - but returning an object of a
"carlm" class, for example. Next print(), anova(), and summary() classes.
Would anyone like to help?

Roger