[R-sig-Geo] multivariate moran & lisa for spdep

Luc Anselin anselin at uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 4 15:47:59 CET 2003

Multivariate Moran was first (as far as I know) described in an article
by Dan Wartenberg in Geographical Analysis (1985?). The implementation
of this idea in a Moran scatterplot and in LISA maps is described in
a conference proceedings by Anselin, Syabri and Smirnov (2002)
http://sal.agecon.uiuc.edu/users/anselin/papers.html#dynesda2
as well as in several powerpoint presentations.
A slightly revised version is to appear  in a forthcoming special issue
of Computers and Geosciences.
I believe it would be fairly straightforward to add this to spdep,
it just a matter of time (having time, that is ...).
L.