[R-sig-Geo] R-sig-Geo: Moran'I

Danlin Yu danlinyu at csd.uwm.edu
Tue Dec 16 05:36:55 CET 2003

Hi, Carlos:

    In Professor Roger Bivand's last email, I think he has already pointed
out that k is the number of nearest neighbors which you will use to
determine the point adjacency relationship.
    Then it becomes natural that when you change the value of k, Moran's I
will change as well. Since it changes the weight matrix in calculating
Moran's I.
    Indeed, the meaning of those parameters is well explained in the
accompanied manual spdep.pdf, which you could downloaded for free from
CRAN. Or you can just type help(knearneigh) within R for the same
information.
    Hope this helps.