[R-SIG-Finance] Finding stock splits and dividend information

H @gent@ @end|ng |rom medd@t@|nc@com
Sun Dec 26 03:20:13 CET 2021

Can anyone suggest a source for stock splits and dividend information on US listed stocks? I already have the quotes but in order to do fundamental analysis using historical information the two items above are required. I am looking to go back to ca 2010 (or earlier, if possible).

I have looked into parsing XBRL information from the SEC (8-K filings as I understand it) but it does not seem promising for two reasons: (1) XBRL has a short history, shorter the smaller the company is; and (2) the quality of submissions and taxonomies used is not as good as one would like...

Is CRISP or Compustat data available without a subscription?