[R-SIG-Finance] Retrieving corporate event information for listed companies

Brian G. Peterson br|@n @end|ng |rom br@verock@com
Sat Apr 3 04:02:30 CEST 2021

On Fri, 2021-04-02 at 21:59 -0400, H wrote:

> I don't know how quickly this database is updated and therefore the
> delay but if possible i would like to use a primary source rather
> than a secondary source. It might be that parsing XBRL information
> from SEC EDGAR filings is workable - too early to tell.
>         [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Not all EDGAR filings need to be electronic, depending on the size of
the company.

CRSP is not timely.  A commercial service like Factset or similar will
have everything a few seconds to a few minutes after it is announced.
EDGAR is slower.

Regards,

Brian