[R-SIG-Finance] Retrieving corporate event information for listed companies

Brian G. Peterson br|@n @end|ng |rom br@verock@com
Sat Apr 3 03:17:07 CEST 2021

CRSP is still the gold standard in daily data, including corporate
actions and most fundamentals (with the paired Compustat database).  It
is typically accessed via WRDS.  It's not cheap, so Mark's suggestion
of university access is probably among the best.

For paid sources, something like Factset is probably much cheaper than
CRSP/Compustat/WRDS.

For free data, I don't really think there are any 'best' sources.  All
the data is public, but the collation of that data into a easily parsed
dataset is not.

Regards,

Brian

--