[R-SIG-Finance] Praising the Binancer package from a blind user’s perspective and few questions about technical indicators.

Joshua Ulrich jo@h@m@u|r|ch @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Dec 31 21:19:05 CET 2020

Hi Faiz,

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 2:10 PM faiz rasool <faiz7r using gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am a totally blind R user. Few days ago I got to know about the
> Binancer package. This package solved one of the biggest issues I was
> facing while learning about trading on Binance. The problem of how a
> blind user can view candle stick charts to make trading decisions.
>
> The functions in Binancer packaged allowed me to download candle stick
> charts and order book in R environment from Binance. After downloading
> I used write.CSV function to read data in Microsoft Excel. It has
> significantly improved things for me.
>
>  I’d like to say that R in general and in this case Binancer package
> has many time made possible those things which were otherwise not
> possible for me as a blind  computer user.
>
> Now to my questions. Is there a function in Binancer package that I
> have not found yet that allows me to download information of technical
> indicators like RSI and other indicators? If Binancer does not have
> this feature currently then are there any other R packages that will
> help me in downloading the information about technical indicators from
> crypto currency exchanges to R environment.

I recommend that you calculate indicator values yourself.  If you
download them, you will be limited to parameter values provided by the
data provider.  You can calculate all the popular indicators with
functions in the TTR package.

> One last question is there any R package that supports the BitMax
> exchange? I think there is a package that supports BitMex exchange but
> I have not come across a package that supports BitMax.
>
> If currently it is not possible to download technical indicators from
> exchanges then I do hope that if any package developer is reading this
> email will consider bringing this functionality to R as blind users
> will like me will really benefit from it.

I'm the author of TTR, and maintain quantmod, xts, and some other
packages.  I'm interested in what I can do to help make those packages
more accessible to users with sight impairments.  Please email me
directly, since that is off-topic for this list.

Best,
Josh

> Regards,
> Faiz.
> PS I sent this email to R-help list and I was advised to send this
> mail to this group. I was also told to Google RSI and find R packages.
> But I am not sure I found what I was hoping to find. A  simple
> function like Binance_depth to get  information of several indicators
> such as RSI, moving averages and so on.

Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com