[R-SIG-Finance] dccfit (RMGARCH): using uGARCHmultifit

borkrese@rch m@iii@g oii gm@ii@com borkrese@rch m@iii@g oii gm@ii@com
Thu Nov 5 22:21:25 CET 2020

Thanks Alexios for providing me references to examples. However, I’m not able to add a fit to the multifit object. How can I do this? See example below

library(rmgarch)

library(parallel)

data(dji30retw)

Dat = dji30retw[, 1:10, drop = FALSE]

# Ten-asset example from http://www.unstarched.net/2013/01/03/the-garch-dcc-model-and-2-stage-dccmvt-estimation/

# (1) Replicate example

xspec = ugarchspec(mean.model = list(armaOrder = c(1, 1)), variance.model = list(garchOrder = c(1,1), model = 'sGARCH'), distribution.model = 'norm')

uspec = multispec(replicate(10, xspec))

spec1 = dccspec(uspec = uspec, dccOrder = c(1, 1), distribution = 'mvnorm')

cl = makePSOCKcluster(10)

multf = multifit(uspec, Dat, cluster = cl)

multf using fit

fit1 = dccfit(spec1, data = Dat, fit.control = list(eval.se = TRUE), fit = multf, cluster = cl)

fit1 using mfit$matcoef

# (2) subset of 9 assets.

uspec9 = multispec(replicate(9, xspec))

cl9 = makePSOCKcluster(9)

multf9 = multifit(uspec9, Dat[,1:9], cluster = cl9)

multf9 using fit

# (3) Suppose we want to add an additional fit (imagine it was hard to estimate)

fit10 <- ugarchfit(spec=xspec,data=Dat[,10],solver.control=list(trace=0))

multf10 <- multf9

multf10 using fit[[10]] <- fit10   # to be used in  dccfit(spec10, data = cbind(Dat[,1:9],Dat[,10]), fit.control = list(eval.se = TRUE), fit = multf10, cluster = cl)

## the last line does not seem to work:

# Error in `colnames<-`(`*tmp*`, value = asset.names)

#   attempt to set 'colnames' on an object with less than two dimensions

Thanks, Lasse