[R-SIG-Finance] Empty indicator / plot.window: need finite 'ylim' values

Daniel Cegiełka d@n|e|@ceg|e|k@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Aug 17 20:02:04 CEST 2020

> On 17 Aug 2020, at 19:37, Joshua Ulrich <josh.m.ulrich using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 12:33 PM Daniel Cegiełka
> <daniel.cegielka using gmail.com <mailto:daniel.cegielka using gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>> On 17 Aug 2020, at 04:55, Rasmus Liland <jral using posteo.no> wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Mike,
>>>
>>> if I change this line
>>>
>>>      plot (chart_Series (sample.xts[,1], subset=subset, TA=ta))

>>>      plot(chart_Series(sample.xts[subset,1], TA=ta))
>>>
>>> A plot appears.  No errors.  Was this
>>> what you were looking for?
>>>

>> Guys :)
>>
>> chart_Series() is a plot env/func, so plot(chart_Series()) make no sense :)
>>
> Except that it is necessary to wrap chart_Series() in a call to plot()
> if you call it from within a function, for loop, or any other
> situation where R's auto-printing is disabled.

I agree, but in this example earlier it was pointless.

https://github.com/joshuaulrich/quantmod/blob/master/R/replot.R#L202

> c <- quantmod::current.chob()
> str(c)
Classes 'replot', 'environment' <environment: 0x7f9cbdaa8fd8>

So print.replot() will call plot.replot() automatically.