[R-SIG-Finance] Yahoo Finance Stock data (FTSEMIB.MI) Issue

Christopher Kromm cpkk @end|ng |rom @t-@ndrew@@@c@uk
Thu Jun 18 16:58:00 CEST 2020

To whom it may concern,

I am interested in the FTSE MIB (or Milano Indice di Borsa) index. I am
trying to download the data up to the present date (18 June 2020). I am
using the get.hist.quote command in R from the tseries package.

I noticed the FTSE MIB  from yahoo has no pricing of any kind (open,
closed, adjusted, etc.) from 12 February 2018 to present. It appears from
the Yahoo site that the prices exist to the present day based on the
summary charts, but the other charts don't seem to show data. I am assuming
this stock is still used, which is why I am a bit confused by all the
missing data.

Is it possible to obtain this FTSE MIB data without all the missing data
from Yahoo Finance?

If this is possible, how?

If I cannot get the data from Yahoo Finance, are there alternative
suggested sources for an R user to get this data?

Thank you.

Here is the url and the Yahoo Finance data symbol.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/FTSEMIB.MI?p=FTSEMIB.MI

Symbol: FTSEMIB.MI