[R-SIG-Finance] Event studies package

Ajay Shah @j@y@h@h @end|ng |rom m@y|n@org
Wed Jun 3 10:46:36 CEST 2020

Folks,

This is about the `eventstudies' package, which is a platform for running
event studies using modern methods, and doing methodological research on
improved methods for event studies.

We were in violation of CRAN guidelines and were not on CRAN for some time.
In that period, we were asking users to install directly from the github
page which justifiably made some people nervous. We have solved these
problems (with the help of R package maintainers) and we're back up at
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/eventstudies/index.html .

The package is being actively developed. We have a nice pipeline of new
capabilities that will come out in this year. We welcome your thoughts and
suggestions on what we should do better (e.g. on the Github project issues
page).

--
Ajay Shah
ajayshah using mayin.org