[R-SIG-Finance] Singular matrix in DCC fit in package rmgarch | how to bypass base::solve() elegantly

alexios galanos @|ex|o@ @end|ng |rom 4d@c@pe@com
Sun Apr 12 04:43:08 CEST 2020

Hi Peter,

I'm not sure whether switching to generalized inverse will be a sensible
or feasible approach in a DCC situation when p>n. The underlying code
makes use of RcppArmadillo and you could try to switch out inv with pinv...

However, perhaps a more reasonable approach would be to:

1. Use a factor model (e.g. GO-GARCH)
2. Regularization/Shrinkage, but these have not been implemented in
rmgarch, and I haven't looked at the literature recently to see what
approaches and models have been proposed

Best,

Alexios