[R-SIG-Finance] Multivariate random number generation for skewed distribution of asset class returns

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jan 14 16:55:47 CET 2020

Ilya suggests to "take chunks of time instead of one observation". In the
academic literature this method is referred to as the "block bootstrap".
See, for example, "Bootstraps for Time Series" by Peter Buhlmann, which
discusses model-based bootstraps, sieve bootstraps and block bootstraps.
You might also Google these terms to look for other sources of information.

HTH,
Eric