[R-SIG-Finance] Free financial data - equities, equity options and ETFs - for quantmod package (or other packages)

James Hirschorn j@me@@h|r@chorn @end|ng |rom qu@nt|t@t|ve-techno|og|e@@com
Sat Apr 6 00:07:34 CEST 2019

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 5:53 AM Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka using gmail.com>
wrote:

> pt., 5 kwi 2019 o 05:34 James Hirschorn
> <james.hirschorn using quantitative-technologies.com> napisał(a):
> >
> > I looked into IQFeed for intraday stock data, and unfortunately they only
> > provide historical 1-minute data for stocks that are currently traded.
> This
> > is not good enough for one of the strategies I'm working on.
> >
> > I am looking into other alternatives and will post my findings in this
> > thread.
> >
> > Please let me know if you have other suggestions for historical intraday
> > stock data covering the S&P 500.

Thanks for the great list Daniel.

> polygon.io - 6Y tick by tick history. $399/m if you are a pro (it's
> rather cheap)
> https://polygon.io/stocks

Looks very promising. They go further back for 1-minute data, but they said
that there is still some missing data for unlisted stocks which they expect
to have added over the next few weeks.

> TradingPhysics - milliseconds resolution. You pay per symbol, but it
> is often cheaper than buying the whole market data. They offer a lot
> of HFT indicators if you want to be very active.
> http://www.tradingphysics.com/Feeds/AvailableFeeds.aspx
>
> http://www.tradingphysics.com/Resources/Specifications/HistoricalTimeAndSales.aspx

Very impressive looking, but it appears to only go back to 2015.

> ActiveTick - 1-minute resolution or tick data (original, unfiltered
> and unmodified format)
>
> https://www.activetick.com/activetick/contents/MarketDataServicesDevelopers.aspx
>
> This looks like the best deal. Their Live Support is offline though, and I
am still waiting to hear back from them.

Best Regards