[R-SIG-Finance] Free financial data - equities, equity options and ETFs - for quantmod package (or other packages)

Joshua Ulrich jo@h@m@u|r|ch @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 4 13:23:56 CEST 2019

On Wed, Apr 3, 2019 at 11:37 PM Lars Nygaard <lrs.ngrd using gmail.com> wrote:

> I have quite good experience with this website: https://eodhistoricaldata.com/ <https://eodhistoricaldata.com/>
> You have to pay some money but its quite good in my opinion.

There's no need to pay for this data.  You can get the same data for
free from tiingo.com.  You only need to sign up to get an API key.

> > On 4 Apr 2019, at 05:08, H <agents using meddatainc.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am relatively new to analyzing financial data but have some experience with R. I understand that the data available from Yahoo Finance via its API is often questionable in quality and Google Finance is no longer available.
> >
> > Although Googling pointed me to some other sources such as Quandl etc., I am curious which other data sources quantmod itself supports for data retrieval, ie via an API, not via downloading and importing CSV-files?
> >
> > My interest is really US equities, stock options and ETFs - if possible from the same data source...
> >
> > Pointers to favorite data sources appreciated!
> >
> > Thank you.

> > -- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions should go.

Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com
R/Finance 2019 | www.rinfinance.com