[R-SIG-Finance] Free financial data - equities, equity options and ETFs - for quantmod package (or other packages)

H @gent@ @end|ng |rom medd@t@|nc@com
Thu Apr 4 05:08:54 CEST 2019

I am relatively new to analyzing financial data but have some experience with R. I understand that the data available from Yahoo Finance via its API is often questionable in quality and Google Finance is no longer available.

Although Googling pointed me to some other sources such as Quandl etc., I am curious which other data sources quantmod itself supports for data retrieval, ie via an API, not via downloading and importing CSV-files?

My interest is really US equities, stock options and ETFs - if possible from the same data source...

Pointers to favorite data sources appreciated!

Thank you.