[R-SIG-Finance] problem creating graphs

Stephen Choularton @tephen @ending from org@nicfoodm@rket@@com@@u
Sun Jul 22 21:39:10 CEST 2018

Hi

I am having problems producing graphs with the attached code.  It gets
the two symbols down from IB that I think are congregated and extracts
various features and is intended to put the data on a graph so  I can
eyeball it.

I normally run the code via File > Source R Code.

The code seems to work all the way down to line 104 where the code is:

plot.new()

plot(spread, main=paste(sym1, " - ", sym2, "\n", "lookback ", lookback,
"\n", "width ", width), type="l")

lines(average,col="blue")
lines(upper,col="red")
lines(lower,col="red")

abline(h=thirty_day_mean, col="blue", lwd = 3)
abline(h=thirty_day_upper, col="red", lwd = 2)
abline(h=thirty_day_lower, col="red", lwd = 2)

all I get when I run it is the three ablines.  However, I can copy and
paste this part:

plot(spread, main=paste(sym1, " - ", sym2, "\n", "lookback ", lookback,
"\n", "width ", width), type="l")

lines(average,col="blue")
lines(upper,col="red")
lines(lower,col="red")

into the console and it produces a graph!  If I paste:

abline(h=thirty_day_mean, col="blue", lwd = 3)
abline(h=thirty_day_upper, col="red", lwd = 2)
abline(h=thirty_day_lower, col="red", lwd = 2)

in after nothing else appears on the graph.

I wonder if anyone can advise me how to get the script to produce the
graph with all the information on it.

Thanks.

Stephen Choularton PhD, FIoD