[R-SIG-Finance] Mean Variance Portfolio Optimization based on a DGP

Fianu, Emmanuel Senyo emm@nuel@@enyo @ending from gm@il@com
Wed Jul 11 13:15:28 CEST 2018

Dear All,

I am trying to employ the MVP method to determine optimal weights for a
data, which is fine for me to do.
However, I intend to use a different Data generating process (DGP) such as
Vector Autoregressive  Process (VAR), and then compute the optimal weights.
Theoretically, it looks okay but empirically, have someone carried out this
before? If yes: how did you go about it?

 I would be grateful for your constructive and helpful comments.

Many thanks,
Emmanuel Fianu