[R-SIG-Finance] Implied Volatility

Slavo Matasovsky slavo.matas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 22:20:51 CET 2018

Variance and volatility swaps are forward contracts on realized
variance/volatility... varswaps/volatility swaps can be priced using
replication strategy resulting in replicating static portfolio of call/put
options for variance swap or dynamic portfolio of options for volatililty
swaps...

Following books cover both volatility modeling as well as volatility
products...

Gatheral - Volatility Surface
https://www.amazon.com/Volatility-Surface-Practitioners-Guide/dp/0471792519

Austing - Smile Pricing Explained