[R-SIG-Finance] Implied Volatility

Victor Montanez syracusepro at verizon.net
Sat Feb 10 18:24:56 CET 2018

https://cmlviz.com

Look for Options backtester.

Just for an idea.

-----Original Message-----
From: R-SIG-Finance [mailto:r-sig-finance-bounces at r-project.org] On Behalf
Of Frank
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 10:32 AM
To: 'Christofer Bogaso' <bogaso.christofer at gmail.com>;
r-sig-finance at r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R-SIG-Finance] Implied Volatility

The Chicago Board of Options sells data that includes implied volatility and
the Greeks (Delta, Gamma, Theta, Vega, Rho, Alexander) for $7.69 per month.
The data can be daily (one file for each day), monthly (one file for each
month) or annually (one file for each year). Volume, open interest and close
are included so you can weight and sum the volatilities many different ways.
You could also use Vega to give more weight to options that are more
sensitive to volatility changes.

The data for SPY can be quite voluminous. I pull the data into an Access
2016 database using a stored spec for the way the data is formatted and then
filter out data with no volume or open interest. I also only look at
out-of-the-money options.

https://datashop.cboe.com/

Best,

Frank