[R-SIG-Finance] Fteching options data using package IBrokers and interactivebrokers

amol gupta amolgupta87 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 10:09:43 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have been trying to fetch contract details and finally fetch contract
historical data. I have been able to do it with stock futures but I have
been failing with options. Here is a very small snippet.

c<-twsOPT(local = 'HDFC17JUN1780CE',strike = 1780, right = 'C',
          currency = 'INR',primary = 'NSE',multiplier = 1,
          conId = 271618757)
d<-reqContractDetails(tws,c)

Warning message:
In reqContractDetails(tws, c) : error in contract details

here
<https://misc.interactivebrokers.com/cstools/contract_info/v3.9/index.php?action=Conid%20Info&wlId=IB&conid=271618719&lang=en>
are the contract details. Please help me figure out what am I doing wrong.

--
Regards
Amol