[R-SIG-Finance] Yahoo Finance API change

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Wed May 17 23:45:10 CEST 2017

Some notes from tinkering with a potential fix:

- You need an established session with cookies to download data
- The URL requires a 'crumb'
- The columns of the CSV are in OHLCAV order (vs OHLCVA)
- The OHL columns are already split-adjusted; the Close columns is not
- Observations for some dates may be "null" in the CSV
- The format of the CSV for split data changed

The the commit messages and diffs for details:
https://github.com/joshuaulrich/quantmod/compare/157_yahoo_502