[R-SIG-Finance] random portfolios

Scott Payseur scott.payseur at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 01:19:42 CET 2017

FYI- I have found it very useful to use random portfolios to verify that
your optimization is actually doing something. Particular mandates get so
bogged down by constraints (liquidity, box, sector, industry, Barbra risk,
etc) that every answer in the feasible set is basically the same.  (i.e. If
you are making money it's on the constraints.)

- Scott

--
Scott Payseur