[R-SIG-Finance] Basket stop loss implementation quantstrat

Aaron prosomething at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:37:06 CET 2016

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the reply.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that rebalancing in this way will come at the cost of considerable overhead(?). I plan on testing 28 symbols with a minimum data periodicity of 15 minutes (over a period of ~10 years). How significant would the extra overhead be in a situation like this?

I have not yet got into rebalancing rules in quantstrat. Is there an example I could look up which could point me in the right direction?

Also, as my objective appears to be outside the scope of normal quantstrat applications, are you able to provide some sketch code as to how such an operation would be managed? I'm more than happy to have a dig at this myself but somewhere to start would be nice.

Cheers,

Aaron