[R-SIG-Finance] blotter updatePortf

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Fri Nov 11 11:56:33 CET 2016

Without a minimal reproducible example, I'm just guessing.

I would hope that what you really mean is that you are using daily data,
since daily data is widely available. Even if you plan to trade only
once a week (Monday, Friday, Wednesday, whatever) I would certainly want
more data points to check risk and other metrics against. In any event,
without more information, I would assume a subsetting problem.

The first thing I would check is that in your periodic runs of
updatePortf, you should not be using a date range. Differences are most
likely due to incorrect subsetting with your 'weekly' data.  You say
below that you are calling something like:

updatePortf(strategy, symbols, Dates=tradeDate)

just call

updatePortf(strategy, symbols)

instead.

If my guess is correct, forcing the  subset is not providing the
'starting' values to calculate the difference on your 'tradeDate' period
from.

Regards,

Brian

--