[R-SIG-Finance] Error Check on Yahoo Data

Daniel Mack dmack10 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 8 13:27:54 CET 2016

All,  I did not get an update to yesterday end of day OHLC data (Nov ).  I am using quant mod with a current version of R and have been running it every day for almost 2 years.  I got data in my last call last night through Nov 4, but Nov 7th did not update.  Did anyone else experience this?   I have also observed the yahoo update times are getting erratic when the updates are published.  I also check with my day coming from google as well and did not update the Nov 7 data

FromDate = "2002-05-24"
ToDate = "2016-11-07" #Set one day ahead
DayBeingPred = "2016-11-08"

userInput=c("EMR","ESV","ETR","EQT","EFX","EQR","ESS","EL","EXC",
            "FFIV","FAST","FDX","FIS","FITB","FE","FISV","FLIR","FLS","FLR","FMC","FTI","F",”FOSL”)

getSymbols(Symbols=userInput, src="yahoo", from = FromDate, to = ToDate, auto.assign=TRUE, return.class="data.frame")

Thanks ,   Dab