[R-SIG-Finance] an opinion question

Mark Leeds markleeds2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 21:02:27 CEST 2016

Hi Erin: Eric Zivot's S+Finmetrics book provides a good intro to the
various topics. It's probably more than 10 years old now but not much has
changed as far as the topics.
( maybe techniques have ).  Then, if you want to dig deeper into any of the
topics he presents, he's got the references in each chapter. There are
other R based books that
are more recent but I can't say anything about them because I haven't
looked at them. Good luck.

Mark

P.S: For me, Hamilton's text is still the bible for non-dynamic time
series. Nerlove, Grether
and Carvalho is  a great dynamic time series book that doesn't get much
street cred.
I guess because it's  contains mostly farming applications ?