[R-SIG-Finance] GMM

Mark Leeds markleeds2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 02:41:44 CEST 2016

Thanks Eric for your explanation. But I'm a little confused. I understand
that in
the case of OLS, the system is perfectly identified. But are you saying that

A) if he used lm and sandwich, then he won't get a correct answer

B) that if he uses GMM, he won't get a correct answer  because it's not
designed
for perfectly identfied systems. ( i.e: there is no weighting matrix ).

C) if he uses both, he'll get different answers.

Thanks.

And to the person who asked the question originally, below is a short but
sweet intro to GMM.

http://lipas.uwasa.fi/~sjp/Teaching/gmm/lectures/gmmc3.pdf