[R-SIG-Finance] Processing time of backtests on a single computer

Jersey Fanatic jerseyfanatic1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 18:30:08 CEST 2016

Thanks for the insight. I did not know variations in processing time of 20
minutes or so could happen between different parameter combinations.

I ran the strategy with the same dataset with random parameters without
Trailing SL, on single core and it took 5.15 minutes. The number of
transactions were 7800. The amount of processing time seems too much
compared to yours though. 5sec data of 3 years vs M5 data of just 1 year;
20 min vs 5 mins.