[R-SIG-Finance] Solver for a generic optimal portfolio

Alec Schmidt aschmid1 at stevens.edu
Sun Mar 13 03:15:50 CET 2016

Brian,
My goals are still very fluid. As you certainly know, Markowitz theory does not guarantee good diversification, and its out of sample performance is less than perfect. So I just started thinking about other formulations, leaving for now  the same Markowitz constraints: sum of weights is unity, mean portfolio return is given; also all weights are positive. Does this make sense?

Best, Alec