[R-SIG-Finance] Rblpapi connection issue

Nick White n-e-w at qtradr.net
Fri Jan 22 11:11:15 CET 2016

Does it not work if you just enter:

conn <-blpConnect()

without more?

That should usually be enough to get you up and running with the rest of
the package unless you have some significantly different defaults

The above assumes you're on a Win box, Bloomberg terminal is open on the
same machine as your R instance (ie desktop API), you are logged in and you
have no other issues connecting to the API (check if you can use the Excel
API)