[R-SIG-Finance] Forecasting with nnetar

Evelyn Nyamadi evelynpax at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 1 09:41:03 CET 2016

Dear  All,
Please, I would like to use the nnetar in the forecast package to do both in sample and out of sample forecasting.

But what is package does is not very clear to me. It gives you rather an extrapolated forecast.
Just using this example:
fit <- nnetar(lynx)
fcast <- forecast(fit)
plot(fcast)

How can you go about the in-sample and out-of-sample forecast.

Thanks in advance for your kind response.

Wishing you a happy new year.

Best regards,
Evelyn