[R-SIG-Finance] Career

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Sat Sep 19 20:40:52 CEST 2015

On 09/19/2015 01:29 PM, Ravi Kumar wrote:
> Hello,
> I am a student  of electrical engineering at Indian Institute of
> Technology, but I am inclined more towards quantitative finance. I don't
> like reading course books and find myself always learning financial maths
> and other finance related stuff.
> I don't know if this is the write place to ask this question but anyway, I
> was wondering, if I have the necessary skills required for quants but don't
> have good GPA. Would I be able to land a job in quantitative finance?

This doesn't really have anything to do with R.

You'll probably need to inquire on a local career list.

Most large firms can hire from top universities, and can choose students
with precisely the course list and GPS's that they want.  Smaller firms
may be less picky, but low GPA will almost certainly make people
unwilling to sponsor visas.

Regards,

Brian

--