[R-SIG-Finance] Principal Component Analysis in Credit Risk

Chien, Josh-CH Josh-CH.Chien at nanshan.com.tw
Thu Sep 17 01:57:11 CEST 2015

Hi Amelia,
Sound like you will find the "key" word as trigger for default or not default of company.
Based on your information, I think Daniel's response is right. You should focus on factor model.
However, in my understanding, PCA is a statistical method to tell us every part's explanation, but every party can't be given any meaning on economic view.
If it's you want, just type "PCA in r / PCA in r library" in google search.
You will found a lot library to deal with this issue and take time to check for choosing one of them you need.

JOSH CHIEN
Risk Analytics & Projects
Risk Management Dept.
Nan Shan Life Insurance Co.