[R-SIG-Finance] Bug in ruleOrderProc (as.Date(tif.xts)

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 12:23:35 CEST 2015

Hi Amod,

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 9:36 PM, Amod Karve (अमोद) <karve.amod at gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran into a bug when trying to use time.in.force in ruleOrderProc. When
> specifying a numeric value for time.in.force, I was getting an error in
> ruleOrderProc when calling:
>
>  tif <- as.Date(tif.xts)
>
> I think the problem is that the underlying tif.xts is a zoo object and
> as.Date() fails on it. When I removed the as.Date(), the backtest ran fine.
>
> What's the process for patching in bug fixes?

Thanks for the feedback.  The best way to contribute a patch is to
create a minimal strategy that allows us to reproduce the issue you
see, along with your patch.  That will allow us to verify the issue,
and evaluate your patch.

Once you have that, please open an issue on the TradeAnalytics tracker
on R-Forge:
https://r-forge.r-project.org/tracker/?group_id=316

> Thanks
> amod