[R-SIG-Finance] CONSTRAINED REGRESSIONS

Mark Leeds markleeds2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 22:36:05 CEST 2015

Hi: There probably is but I don't know of the package.

Another way is just to maximize the standard likelihood with the
constraints that all of the coefficients are between 0 and 1, except for
one of them which is then 1 minus the sum of the others. Note that,
whatever you use,  don't use L-BFGS-B. It's buggy and not due to anything
anyone associated with R did. It uses a Fortran algorithm and Nocedal
posted the bug a few years ago.

http://www.ece.northwestern.edu/~morales/PSfiles/acm-remark.pdf

As a recommendation, I've had very good experiences with Rvmmin ( use the
variable metric approach  just like BFGS )  so I'm biased towards that one.
But, if you want to use it, speak with John Nash because it's often in
active development-improvement so you should get the latest one.