[R-SIG-Finance] Guy Yollin's apply.paramset() on Windows remark and related developments

Jersey Fanatic jerseyfanatic1 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 18:22:53 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

Guy Yollin states in his Luxor slides the following:
"As of 2013-08-12, apply.paramset does not appear to run properly in
parallel on
Windows. To run on a Windows platform, load the doParallel package but do
not call
the registerDoParallel function; apply.paramset will then be able to run in
sequential
rather than parallel mode."

Is there any news on this topic, I cannot seem to find any info about
developments on this topic, is it fixed, or was another way found to do
parallel computing for apply.paramset()?

Note: I am running RStudio on Windows 7. apply.paramset() seems to work
when registerDoParallel() is not called, but the computing time is taking
too long for each combination of parameters.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

Koji Nakata